Let’s work together.
Our trucks are rolling. Our stores are open. And we’re restocking throughout the day. It’s not always going to be perfect, but together, we’ll make it through this.
Here is the latest COVID-19 news, help, and information.
We’ve increased our social distancing measures.
As of July 21, customers are required to use face coverings over their noses and mouths while inside any GreenWise Market store. This new mandate is encouraged by the CDC for most individuals. Thank you for doing your part to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The CDC also recommends we keep our distance to slow the spread of the coronavirus. To help our customers maintain social distancing with other customers and associates, we’ve marked off 6-foot increments at checkout. Our managers also have discretion to limit the number of shoppers in the store at one time. There is one more thing you can do to help: Please shop alone, if you can. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding to help us all achieve the important goal of social distancing.
Expanded store hours.
GreenWise Market stores are now open daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thank you for your patience over the past several weeks while we’ve operated under reduced hours.
With our newly expanded hours, we have discontinued reserved shopping hours. We do understand some customers prefer to shop when the stores are less crowded. We encourage you to shop during the first hour of the day, when we can better accommodate that need.
Get in the habit: Clean your bags after every trip.
We’re all being more cautious these days, but it’s always been important to take good care of the bags you use to carry your food. Here are some tips for proper use of reusable bags:
- Cloth bag: Toss your bags in the washing machine and launder in hot water with detergent. Machine or line dry. Do this after every shopping trip.
- Non-woven polypropylene, nylon, or polyester bags: Remove any inserts and turn bags inside-out. (Clean inserts with a disinfecting spray cleaner.) Hand wash in warm water with soap and rinse. Turn inside out and line dry. Do this after every shopping trip.
- Store bags in a clean, cool location – not in the car.
- Clean areas where you unload reusable bags, such as the kitchen counter or table.
- Do not use reusable grocery bags for other purposes; designate them just for groceries.
At the Store
- Before placing meat, poultry, or fish in your reusable bag, place those items in the disposable plastic bags conveniently located in those departments.
Things you can do next time you check out
We’re all looking out for each other, especially when we are running those necessary errands like grocery shopping. Here are a few tips for your next checkout.
1. Check out touch-free. We welcome a wide variety of contactless cards and mobile pay apps. Learn more about contactless payments in our FAQs.
2. Get e-receipts. No paper receipt means one less thing for you to touch. When you join GreenWise Rewards you can opt in to e-receipts and enjoy other benefits.
3. Please stay 6 feet apart. Thanks for doing your part by maintaining a 6-foot distance in the aisles and at checkout. Keeping your cart between you and the next person in line will help do the trick!
4. Keep those bags clean. It’s never been more important to wash your reusable bags, to keep the checkout process more sanitary for everyone. Cloth bags are meant to be laundered. Remove any inserts and turn bags inside-out. Then toss your bags in the washing machine and launder in hot water with detergent after every trip to the store.
GreenWise Market now offers contactless pay options
GreenWise Market is rolling out contactless pay to all stores. This is one more measure we're taking to protect the health and well-being of our customers and associates during the coronavirus pandemic.
A contactless payment is made by placing a smartphone or contactless pay-enabled credit or debit card near a contactless-enabled device, rather than swiping or inserting a card into the PIN pad. The most commonly known forms of contactless payments are Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay®. Learn more about contactless payments in our FAQs.
We’re in this together.
We invite all customers to shop during our adjusted store hours of 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily. These adjusted hours provide our store teams additional time to conduct preventive sanitation and to restock our shelves.
Thank you for your patience and understanding if you experience limited inventory or delayed deliveries. And thank you for the kindness you have shown our tireless associates. We’re here for you.